Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 22 7:17 pm Barcelona

Score for getting an adaptor and the internet working in the room.

What a day! Back to the hotel earlier than usual but maybe that is a good thing. We are tired. Sorry for not mentioning the weather much. We only experienced snow and hail in Glasgow and in Manchester. Besides that it has been sunny since. In Barcelona we are enjoying t-shirts and walking around sweating our buns off(well mainly when we decided to hike Guell Parc in the morning sun), the Spaniards however are all bundled up in their jackets and scarves, making us sweat just looking at them.

We woke up when the maid opened the door, ha ha. Serves us right for sleeping in again, we enjoyed the buffet breakfast and it was really good. We are really spoiling ourselves here.

Off to Valcarca to the metro and to Sagrada Familia, oh it was so beautiful. I had to explain to mom that it was still not being built because she kept thinking it was being restored. It is amazing how big it is and we paid to go inside and we loved the stain glass inside, it followed the mosaics of Gaudi's other works and was just mind blowing. We wanted to go up to the tours and after a little wait we got an elevator up and boy are we glad we did. It was so beautiful and just amazing. I have never been more afraid of heights though. You are so high up! It was like the eiffel tower minus the big netting keeping you in, it was just a stone railing and some metal bars before you got into the tower to make your way down the stairs which went round and round.

McDonalds for lunch, ha ha. Right across the street from it. I got pop spilt on me :( So not nice.

After that we went to the FC Barcelona store in the area and got some things like my new red sweater which totally clashed with my yellow purse but whatever, I am Ronald McDonald on crack. We went from there to the (beach) to the marinas and walked around before spending more money in another FC Barcelona store. Saw the Amadeus yacht (google it, the boat is big) Walked up La Rambla which was full of people and markets and stalls with little turtles and ducks and everything.

Back to the hotel and are about to go for dinner. ;p

5 comments:

  1. Is there supposed to be no text? -nudge-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience, that was a mess up.

    Sorry about no phone card. I fail as a friend, so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no fail.... just alittle... NO JK, just hurry up and find one!
    That is one big yacht omg!
    ooh, Barcelona sounds amazing, like you're having lots a fun!
    Going to the movies tonight! Yay Cory and Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you and the movies. Hope you have a great time with the boys.

    I got you something today. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt I will! I will love everything you bring me back silly. Gifts are loved unconditionally :D hahahah -laughs-
    I'll post everything later tonight so you can read about my time. :D And then phone me later :D

    ReplyDelete