Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 26 10:24pm Valencia


I skipped a day but nothing really happened except we left Barcelona on the train and went to Valencia and hauled our backpacks all the way to Home Backpackers which is very nice, we shared the room with two German girls.

Today we woke up and went to try and find Harley Davidson Valencia only to get majorly lost (well not where the store is but where I thought it would be) and ended up seeing the tail end of the dismantalling of the biggest virgin mary head I have ever seen. Which is desplayed on the right. We missed Fallas by a few days and that is the biggest celebration in Valencia, they all dress up in these amazing dresses and have parades, its pretty crazy. We saw a dress in El Ingles Cortes for only a small sum of €1300. It shocked mom at just how different things were.

Off to the beach though, it was really hot and then got a bit overcast but that didnt stop the beach from being wonderfully beautiful and I went in, it was very flat so I never actually got deeper than my hips but dove in anyways and that was nice.

After seeing a horrific old man in a tiny blue thong like speedo, we went off to Valencia CF´s stadium at Mestalla.

Dinner at Hollywood. Tomorrow we hope to find some Paella.

I´m sorry about the phone card Stephanie, it just doesn´t look like its going to happen any time soon.:(I´ll be home soon. I can´t wait to sleep over with you for like a week straight, ha ha. Miss you so much and keep your chin up.

2 comments:

  1. -dies- No phone card! :( Alas you're right youa re home soon.

    That Giant Mary is awesome!
    I can't wait for our sleepover either!
    I miss you tons!
    I'm going to Nanaimo before you come home...
    Shall I get your schedule for you then, rather soon I am guessing.
    I miss you! :( I can't wait for you to come home!!!! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for my schedule if you could get it for me.

    I hope you have a lot of fun in Nanaimo, are you driving?

    ReplyDelete