Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 27 8:20 pm Valencia

Woke up this morning to the lovely noise of construction happening in the streets. Not such a nice noise at all.

Left the hostel and walked towards the train station and past the bullfighting ring and all the way "walking for miles out of the city" to get to Harley Davidson Valencia where we met this guy named Joe from Montreal who have us the Spanish two cheek kiss and we talked to him for a little bit. His friend the macho Spaniard in leathers was all WTF because he probably couldn´t understand us. I got dad a shirt, so hopefully he will like that whenever I see him in the future. :p

Mom was smiling from ear to ear and we walked back to the train station and asked where the post office was and we managed to get an answer and directions on a map. (Went into the wrong tourism office yesterday asking for the post office and they blew us off and told us to go find a Valencia tourism office, it was major WTF meanness cause all they had to tell us was where the post office was) Anyways the post office is this HUGE building that we have walked past every day and taken photos of during the day and at night. Felt liked idiots, we blew off the package idea and smacked ourselves at our blindness.

After that we had paella which mom keeps pronouncing it Papaya which is really annoying. It was really good and different. We ate at this Cafe & Te place that we had breakfast at earlier in the day. The coffee was really good. Then after that we went to Oceanografic which is the big huge aquarium and it was really cool. I wish Stephanie had been there to tell me interesting facts about the sharks. It was so cool to walk under the tunnels and see them swimming overhead. The sharks and the walruses and the dolphin show were my favorites. I don´t really like dolphins but when they do cool tricks they are pretty neat. The walruses were amazing, could have watched them forever, there was a big bull and a female and they kept wrestling and mauling each other.

It was another beautiful sunny day but a little colder with some wind and we had dinner at Burger King with Charlie/Stubs/Caballo/Stubbie which is the toy horse with no legs and no tail that I found on the street yesterday. He´s my friend.

Tomorrow to the Fallas Museum and another big tower. Adios!

6 comments:

  1. Oooh the aquarium sounds amazing! I hope to see picrures of sharks :D I will tell you interesting facts when you show me the pictures k, and then plaster them all over my room :D

    wtf to the tourism office ><
    *laughs at fallas museums name*

    LOL, nice names, what is caballo? spanish for horse?
    I miss you tons as usual, 8 days till you com home! I can't wait! I'm getting so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, caballo is Spanish for horse. He´s very cute. I miss you like crazy. Can´t wait to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you like CRAZY! I'm glad you miss me to though :D Its always nice to be missed by someone :D I loves you! Hurry home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flo & Paige, Sounds like you both are having lots of fun. Hope all went well with the problem.No more to follow. Shad has made himself right at home. Oscker love him,talks to him in his babble.See you both soon. Love Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Vickie, thats adorable! :D Thanks so much for taking Shadow btw, its made going to work so much easier when i get to wake up at 9:30 instead of 7:30 :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for taking care of Shadow, Vicki and Bob. I am glad to hear he is happy and not feeling lonely. It is his birthday April 1st so please give him a good pat for me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete