Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day 31 8 10 pm Madrid

Madrid is lovely but very cold. I haven´t been able to use my computer because of internet access issues so am using the hostel one. It rained yesterday but ended just before we went to the game which was perfect timing. Oh the game was lovely. We had really good seats and I was so happy to see Xavi and Iker, I was like a rabid fan girl. They won 1-0 and it was by Gerard Pique! I have hugged that man, well glomped I guess.

Um what did we do in Madrid since we arrived, we went to Santiago Bernabeau and I got my new Spain jersey with Xavi on the back which caused me a lot of attention for the rest of the day and the next morning.

We went to El Prado and it was lovely before hitting up the park and botanic gardens, only found one cat where as the botanic gardens in Valencia had all these poor little abandoned kitties that ate our lovely bread which was really good Steph. It was really good, like cinnabun crossed with hot cross bun and on crack.

Uh we went to Reina Sofia and saw Guernica before all the art seemed to blend together and we hit the road in the rain only to come across this big protest going up Calle Atocha, it was crazy.

After that was the game which as I might have mentioned was amazing.


Today it was a cold day and we woke up and went and picked up our tickets for the bull fight before going to Vicente Calderon which was closed cause it was Sunday, silly religiousness...bah. After that we went to the bullfight which I must say was a very interesting experience. We stayed for one third of it, so basically the first bullfight of three. It will be my first and only bullfight and we will leave it at that.

Bed soon, I am exhausted. Tomorrow we go to our other hotel closer to the airport. We fly to Paris on the 31st before taking the train to London , have a day in London before heading home. Can´t wait.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, can't believe you'll be home soon! Everything sounds so exciting. Can't wait for pictures. We will definately have to have an appy/slide show evening.
    Mom says hello and have a safe trip home! Take care, love you both
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. -diiiiies- I miss you so much!!!! Madrid sounds awesome, but Barcelona and Valencia sound better... Maybe because you condensed your post into one... -shrugs-
    I meees you tons, and guess what, I bought Star Wars and Two Light Sabres so we can Duel it out! I havent played it, and wont till you get here. I wont open the light sabres either. :D MMmmn Can't wait till you get back, its sooooo soon! MISS YOU! <3333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol okay and I am so Jealous you got to see Iker!!! HOMG! :D PEECTURES, can't wait!!! <3

    ReplyDelete